Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Pikey thieves need ID now

On 30/12/2011 00:46, Steve Walker wrote:
On 29/12/2011 13:10, wrote:
Just heard on 't tranny...
From (some unheard date) people turning up with scrap to cash in will
need photo ID (driving licence, passport, etc) and a recent utility
bill in their address/name.

Might be a good thing and the genuine scrap collectors will be able to
arrange something. Of course, the pikeys will simply forge stuff.

More hassle. I don't have a photo license, my passport will at some
point expire and I couldn't even send my wife instead, as all the
utility bills are in my name!

What's wrong with simply requiring all payments to be made in the form
of a "refund" onto a debit card? Easy to track when numerous payments

Problem with handing over debit card details, is that the transaction
can go both ways!

are being made to particular accounts. The photo ID/utility bill option
could be kept for those (few) that don't have debit cards.

Or payment by cheque / BACS etc. For frequent (i.e. business) users they
could open an account with a scrappie, who would then credit their
account automatically on production of their scrappie issued trade card.

The difficulty with many of these systems however is that it assumes the
scrappies are honest and its only the people delivering them stuff that
are bent.

--
Cheers,

John.