Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pikey thieves need ID now

On 29/12/2011 13:10, wrote:
Just heard on 't tranny...
From (some unheard date) people turning up with scrap to cash in will
need photo ID (driving licence, passport, etc) and a recent utility
bill in their address/name.

Might be a good thing and the genuine scrap collectors will be able to
arrange something. Of course, the pikeys will simply forge stuff.

More hassle. I don't have a photo license, my passport will at some
point expire and I couldn't even send my wife instead, as all the
utility bills are in my name!

What's wrong with simply requiring all payments to be made in the form
of a "refund" onto a debit card? Easy to track when numerous payments
are being made to particular accounts. The photo ID/utility bill option
could be kept for those (few) that don't have debit cards.

SteveW