Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Northeast heating oil prices and gasoline?

ChairMan wrote:
Of course if one moved to Texas, there wouldn't be much of a
transport
problem...

hush your mouth, we don't need anymore yanks here, there is enough
already.
Besides, Tejas is a terrible place to live, no jobs, the economy sucks
and by golly its just to damn hoteg

Your points are not exactly right:
* 20% of the jobs created in the last five years were in Texas
* The economy is not much different from the rest of the nation
* We didn't build the world's first air-conditioned sports stadium to be
ostentatious (well, maybe a little bit); air conditioning is required. To
quote a New Yorker, however, Fran Liebowitz said "The outdoors is something
through which I pass between my apartment and my car." That attitude is
mostly true in south Texas. But sometimes Dallas - and other less desirable
parts of the state - shut down due to snow.

And as far as "Yanks being here," if someone from yankeeland (spit) is
willing to pull up stakes based on his willingness to take a risk and has
confidence in his own abilities, wants a better life for himself and his
family, well, those are the kinds of folks Texas, and for that matter, the
nation, needs and wants.