Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Pikey thieves need ID now

On Dec 29, 6:43 pm, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
We have had to do this at our tip for some years, though there are permits
issued, we are warned that they will record the info.

is that more to do with stopping jobbing/cowboy "builders" taking
their assorted crap in to the "Household waste site" and avoiding
paying for a skip? so they usually just find a quiet (usually
picturesque) place nearby and fly tip it anyway...

The thing is though will they keep folk waiting till they check?
I doubt it and so it will probably be pointless.

yup fair point - spose depends on the "teeth" any (eventual)
legislation will actually have to encourage ahem "honest" scrappies to
"give a sh.." and potentially incriminate their feral scumbag
"suppliers"...

The thing is the money is
not made at such places its the less than legal middle men who will make
even more money now.

how? what's the definition of "middle men" in the context ? and how
will they make more money?

IIUC once the "metal" has provenance - by ceasing to be stolen/scrap
and becoming a "recyclable resource" via a frontline "scrap merchant"
- it is traded (internationally) on open terms and prices....

Jim K