Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Pikey thieves need ID now

We have had to do this at our tip for some years, though there are permits
issued, we are warned that they will record the info. The thing is though
will they keep folk waiting till they check?
I doubt it and so it will probably be pointless. The thing is the money is
not made at such places its the less than legal middle men who will make
even more money now.
Brian

Email:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 13:10:05 +0000,
wrote:

From (some unheard date) people turning up with scrap to cash in will
need photo ID (driving licence, passport, etc) and a recent utility
bill in their address/name.

Fecking marvelous more blooming hoops for the honest to jump through.
I don't have a photo driving licence or a (valid) passport.

It still doesn't mean that a particular bit of scrap in the heap of
similar scrap came from a particular person. That is the weak
(broken) link in the chain, if you can't prove that X bit of scrap
came from Y person you can't prosecute Y. If you can prove that X bit
of scrap is from Z building you might be able to prosecute the scrapy
for handling stolen goods.

--
Cheers
Dave.