Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pikey thieves need ID now

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 17:54:59 +0000, Nick Odell wrote:

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 17:39:14 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 15:02:26 +0000, Nick Odell wrote:

I no longer drive but I keep my driving licence up to date simply to
use it as a de facto ID card.

Aye, the photo driving licence has effectively become a national ID card
with a centralised database...

I appreciate the irony. Frankly, I wouldn't have minded if the
government had wanted to extend the driving licence system to include
non-driving licences so that everybody was on board. My objection was to
the range and the depth of extra information they wanted and the fact
that it would all have been in one place. If what's held on the DVLA
database about me were to be left on a laptop in the back of a taxi it
wouldn't make that much difference.

I use my bus pass!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: