Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell Nick Odell is offline

Default Pikey thieves need ID now

On 29 Dec 2011 14:44:08 GMT, mick wrote:

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 13:27:52 +0000, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Fecking marvelous more blooming hoops for the honest to jump through.
I don't have a photo driving licence or a (valid) passport.

It's a right b***r trying to prove who you are, isn't it? I don't have
either a driving licence or even an invalid passport! Sure makes life
difficult sometimes. I'm probably one of the very, very small minority
that thought there was a valid case for a national ID card. I probably
couldn't have got one though, because I couldn't prove that I was
entitled to one!

I'm one who thought the identity card would have been a good idea but
the all-seeing, all-knowing,
can't-breathe-unless-you-can-prove-who-you-are national database would
have been a disaster. I no longer drive but I keep my driving licence
up to date simply to use it as a de facto ID card.

Nick