Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

In article , Doctor Drivel wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
In article , Doctor Drivel
wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article , Doctor Drivel
wrote:
Or anyone who enjoys driving.

If you enjoy FAST driving get a Tesla.

Oh indeed.

Yes indeed.

Provided your idea of fast driving is in very short bursts.

Do you go 125mph for hours on end? Even idiot Clarkson was in awe of
the Tesla.

As like any other electric car make high demands of it and the range
is laughable.

200 miles. Even more with the latest batteries. Zooooooooooooooooooom

so when I drive to Scotland (400ish miles), does this mean I have to
spend a night on the way while the battery is recharged?

Probably. But if you do that trip regularly you would not uses a fun car
like the Tesla, you would use the new Ampera. Using Tosh batteries and
recharge points at service stations would get to Scotland and back no
probs. Sports cars are merely fun cars - nothing else.

and how long do I have to spend at a recharging point?

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16