Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lets have green public transport

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
hugh ] wrote:
A bit like having ~15% of the workforce voting for a strike and calling
everyone out.

"Voting" was by show of hands with heavies in the
crowd to make sure everyone's hand went up.

Total ********. The very idea a few heavies could force the majority of
hairy arsed blokes to do something they didn't want to is laughable.

It wasn't the heavies in the crowd that forced people to vote the way
they did, it was the anticipated peer pressure after the meeting. You
had to work with them afterwards, and that could get very unpleasant if
you didn't conform. For much the same reasons, although I'm not in a
union, I take a day's holiday or move a rest day (with the management
knowing why) if there's a strike.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.