Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sears, (now: Is Salvation Army a cult?)

Some weeks ago, my church called for volunteers, to help clean up flood
damage in a town in my state. I was one of the men who went. While I was
working, a van came down the road, offering folks water, and pulled pork
sandwiches. I don't remember which church was named on the side, one of the
Baptists, if I remember. I had lunch with me, and plenty of water to drink,
so I declined. the five men with me also politely declined.

Not long after that, the Salvation Army van came along. The folks next door
asked for seven bottles of water, in a bag. Which they were cheerfully
given. I asked how much the SA was charging, and told zero. Just here to
support the workers. I did look at some web pages about cult
characteristics, and that doesn't sound very cultish.

I did find a couple web pages that insist the SA is a cult, but didn't offer
much evidence. One example of someone who was disciplined for marrying a non
SA person, but that doesn't prove it for me. Might have been other reasons
there, or it may be made up example.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Pete C." wrote in message
.com...

Indeed we do, and I avoid doing business with places that allow cults to
operate on their property and harass their customers. BTW, for anyone
who thinks the SA is not a cult, do a bit of research and report back.