Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sears, (now: Is Salvation Army a cult?)

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_it_...is_like_a_cult
Answer:

The Salvation Army though a Christian denomination (not a cult) does appear
to some as one due, to the military titles and military structure it holds
to.
This is culturally taboo recently considering militia groups etc, but
essentially it has one leader like the Catholic Church, Anglican church etc.
It also has a council that elects that leader like the Council of Cardinals
in the Catholic Church, Anglican Church etc.
So it does appear to be a cult due to the culture wars of late.
During the 1800's when it was founded it caused the numbers of adherents and
soldiers of the Salvation Army to explode due to its ease to understand, it
clear lines of authority, its global evangelical mission and especially
resonated within the culture of the UK.

Read mo
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_it_... xzz1huKliYQf

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Pete C." wrote in message
.com...

Indeed we do, and I avoid doing business with places that allow cults to
operate on their property and harass their customers. BTW, for anyone
who thinks the SA is not a cult, do a bit of research and report back.