Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sears, I'll miss the tools

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 13:27:53 -0500, Doug Miller
wrote:

On 12/28/2011 12:55 PM, Pete C. wrote:

Honestly, I haven't broken any Craftsman or HF hand tool that I wasn't
*seriously* abusing.

Then you've gotten damn lucky with the HF tools. IME, they're garbage.

I had to return this set of snap ring pliers
http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece...s-set-610.html
because the points on the jaws bent, the first time I used them, to the
point that a snap ring wouldn't stay on them.

These punches
http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece...set-93111.html
mushroomed and bent on first use under gentle tapping.

and so on. Crap like that just doesn't happen with Craftsman tools.

When you buy HF tools..dont always buy the cheapest tools they have on
the shelves. They have a line of Crap tools..and a line of actually
decent tools. The crap tools are dirt cheap..and worth less than what
you paid for them.

I purchased 4 sets of pin punches from them..one for each truck and one
for the shop, and one for the other shop..and all are still working
nicely. Yes..I did have to grind a couple over the years..but I was
swinging a pretty good sized hammer and it took a while to mash em up

Those snap ring plyers are the crap ones. Take them and the punches
back to the manager..and tell em you want either your money back or a
better set of each. You will get them.

Gunner

Gunner Asch