Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sears, I'll miss the tools

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 07:07:59 -0500, Doug Miller
wrote:

On 12/28/2011 6:21 AM, Bill wrote:
"oldyork90" wrote in message
I'm reading bad news about Sears/KMart. If Sears goes tits up, I hope
they hand off the Craftsman line. I always had good luck with their
hand tools.

You might want to RE-READ the story!

"Sears, which has more than 4,000 full-line and specialty retail stores"...

"said yesterday that it will close 100 to 120 Sears and Kmart stores"

i.e. less than 3% -- probably not nearly enough, IMHO.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...ales-fall.html

I noticed this comment by one analyst quoted in the article: €œThe only
reason why people buy at Kmart is because its close. No one would buy
at Kmart if theyre closer to a Walmart or Target."

It brought to mind something I'd read about ten years ago, that
WalMart's market research showed that something like one-third of the
people shopping at WalMart drove past a Kmart to get there.

I haven't been inside a Kmart for years. There used to be one about five
minutes from home, but it closed around 2002, and now I don't even know
where the nearest one is.

When they closed all the K-Mart stores in Canada it wasn't soon
enough. You KNEW if you got a sales flier the items on sale would NOT
be in stock - even on the first day of the sale, and if they were,
nobody on the store staff would have an idea where it is.