Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Sears, I'll miss the tools

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 08:47:11 -0600, "HeyBub"

I have one a Kmart a couple miles from my house. It's about 15
mins to Walmart, so I'll go to Kmart once in a while for
convenience if I need a particular item right away. The Kmart is
much smaller and older than the Walmarts.

I saw the same thing happen again a couple months later.
And I only go there maybe once every couple months.
That article says that Wall Street analysts say Kmart hasn't
invested in their stores to keep them current. Seems spot
on to me. It's interesting how a company like Kmart can
sit around for decades and let a competitor like Walmart
emerge and sink them. Older store, less choices, longer
lines, cash registers that don't work, what do they expect?

K-Mart did not allow Salvation Army kettle volunteers outside their stores.
Walmart not only allowed Salvation Army solicitations, but tasked their
employees to ring the bell if not enough SA folks were available.

People notice things like that.

Yeah, I always notice them - if they're there.
If they ain't there, I don't notice them.

--Vic