Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Sears, I'll miss the tools

On 2011-12-28, oldyork90 wrote:

they hand off the Craftsman line. I always had good luck with their
hand tools.

Luck is exactly what you've had. Lucky they didn't break on you when
you needed them the most. I quit buying Craftsman tools 40 yrs when I
became a professional mechanic and the closest Sears was 90 miles
away. They're junk.

Bull****. I used them for years as a professional mechanic.
My son is professional mechanic and uses them.
And he uses Mac, Snap-on and Harbor Freight tools too.
A wrench is a wrench, a chisel a chisel.
If it fits it fits. If it cuts it cuts.
If the forging and heat treating is right the only other decision is
price.
Snap-on and Mac vendors are just tolerated by most mechanics become
they come to you, and they have some "unique" tools.
Otherwise brand name is what I already said. Bull****.

--Vic