Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller[_3_] Doug Miller[_3_] is offline

Default Sears, I'll miss the tools

On 12/28/2011 12:55 PM, Pete C. wrote:

Honestly, I haven't broken any Craftsman or HF hand tool that I wasn't
*seriously* abusing.

Then you've gotten damn lucky with the HF tools. IME, they're garbage.

I had to return this set of snap ring pliers
http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece...s-set-610.html
because the points on the jaws bent, the first time I used them, to the
point that a snap ring wouldn't stay on them.

These punches
http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece...set-93111.html
mushroomed and bent on first use under gentle tapping.

and so on. Crap like that just doesn't happen with Craftsman tools.