Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default Sears, I'll miss the tools

Pete C. wrote:
Frank wrote:
On 12/28/2011 3:05 AM, Existential Angst wrote:
"The Daring wrote in message
On 12/27/2011 10:58 PM, oldyork90 wrote:
I'm reading bad news about Sears/KMart. If Sears goes tits up, I hope
they hand off the Craftsman line. I always had good luck with their
hand tools.
Don't worry, some Chinese holding company will buy them out. The new
stores will be Shears and Claymart. ^_^
Or, equivalently, HF will expand.....

From what I read lately, HF tools are probably just as good.

Honestly, I haven't broken any Craftsman or HF hand tool that I wasn't
*seriously* abusing. I have seen Snap-On tools break under comparable
abuse, so I'm not sure there is any real advantage there.

The real difference with Snap-On is that they are generally made of
stronger and better finished steel. They usually thinner walled steel so
they fit in tighter spots and the broached heads usually fit better.
Plus that big truck replaces tools on site instead of you needing to travel.

--
Steve W.