Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Making shop rags

Father Haskell wrote:
On Dec 22, 10:29 am, Dave wrote:
I recently acquired a box of cotton Tshirts at pennies on the dollar.
Does anyone have any hints on the most efficient way to cut them into
shop rages?

Doing them one by each with a pair of scissors is time consuming and a
PITA.

Clamp a knife into your vise with the blade pointing up.

Grab a tee shirt on either side of the blade and pull.

Gosh, just put one hand on each side of the seam and pull--we need to
stay in shape out there! If someone may be watching, you could always
sever a few of the first stitches beforehand. : )