Jay Chan

Default How to Put 6" Duct to 1.5 HP Dust Collector?

I have just got a JET 1.5 HP cansiter dust collector. It has two 4"
inlets that are placed over a 6" inlet -- a very standard thing for a
single stage dust collector. I would like to get rid of those two 4"
inlets and connect a 6" duct directly to the 6" inlet. I know this can
be done because I believe many people have done that before. My
question is: How?

The 6" inlet only has a 1.75" flange. Can I simply use a hose-clamp to
clamp a duct onto the 6" inlet? I am afraid that the 1.75" flange
doesn't provide enough area for the hose-clamp to lock the hose down.
Is there a better way to do this?

Background info that may or may not be relevant:
I want to use a 6" duct connecting to the 6" inlet. The 6" duct
will be a metal fitting that has a 6" opening and a small 2" (or
2.5"?) branching out at a 45-degree angle. I believe it is called a
"45-degree lateral" or something like that.
I will run a short length of 6" flex hose from the metal duct to
the dust port under the table saw, and I will run a short length of 2"
flex hose from the metal duct to the top of the table saw right over
the saw blade. I will move the dust collector to as close to the
table saw as possible; therefore, I don't need any other ductwork. If
I need to capture dust from another power tool, I will move the dust
collector to that power tool, no problem.

Thanks for any info in advance.

Jay Chan