Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad
Phil Hobbs Phil Hobbs is offline

Default Prime Rib

On 12/24/2011 1:12 PM, Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 09:21:04 -0700, the renowned Jim Thompson
wrote:

Read an interesting recipe and tried it myself. Recipe called for
roasting prime rib at 120°F for 18 hours.

120°F ? Can't you just leave it outside for a few days? ;-)

Our new Dacor will only go down to 135°F, but that's medium rare, so I
gave it a shot (leftovers from 14# :-) ...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/Fa.../Prime_Rib.jpg

Amazingly tender. Recipe said that slow cooking plays on enzymes to
make it melt in your mouth.

(To accommodate family members spread over 400 miles we had our
Christmas "Eve" all-family event last night, so they could return home
for their individual family celebrations.)

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Hanukkah!

Same to all.

We celebrate both, since our family is a true "melting pot" of
ethnicities, religions AND politics (even some Democrats :-)

...Jim Thompson

rantI noticed some Christmas Cake at the grocery store. Haven't had
really good Xmas cake since the mom of a friend moved away to a
retirement community- she used to turn it out in virtually industrial
quantities for close friends and family. Unfortunately, upon closer
examination, it was actually "Holiday Fruitcake" and not Christmas
Cake. What's next, lighting of a "Holiday Menora"?/rant ;-)

Nah, that's multicultural, so it's okay.

Merry Christmas! (so there)

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs