Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

In article
..com, harry scribeth thus
On Dec 23, 11:10*am, (Alan Braggins)
wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Alan Braggins wrote:
In article , Clive

George wrote:
On 22/12/2011 13:17, wrote:

I can't give a figure, but passing through many villages in England
illustrated to me the figure is quite high. A helluva high percentage
of villages have been gutted of their local shops and amenities as
incomers tend to bulk-buy in the nearest town.
Not just incomers. All people are very sensitive to percieved value, and
will go to the larger shops even if the amounts they save are offset by
the cost to get there.

Or go to the larger shops for a wider range of choice, and also buy the
stuff they could have got locally because it's slightly cheaper and they
were going there for stuff they couldn't get locally anyway.

turning around. We can get a limited range of BETTER veg at the village
shop..at vastly lower overall prices.When diesel costs are factored in.

Even better and cheaper from the side of the road here, but the limited
range is usually potatoes or slightly different potatoes. (There is also
a farm that does great big nets of "horse" carrots for a quid, but they're
called horse carrots because they're big tough woody ones.)- Hide quoted text

-

Best to grow your own as I do.
New Prius here BTW, nearly 100mpg. Plug in hybrid.
http://www.greencarsite.co.uk/ecocar...brid%20electri
c%20cars.htm

Humm... Advertising standards authority anyone?..

Zero fuel consumption?...

I want one of they...

"The advanced battery technology allows the car to be driven for around
14 miles on its electric power alone with no tailpipe emissions and
zero fuel consumption.

Once Prius Plug-in Hybrid has reached the limits of its electric range,
it switches seamlessly to its full hybrid system, bringing the petrol
engine into play. This means the driver can avoid the range anxiety
associated with all-electric vehicles.
--
Tony Sayer