Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

Steve Walker wrote:

Not exactly a choice. We live close to my parents, who we rely on for
part-time childcare, school pick-ups on some days and emergencies. I
have to drive an hour to work. That is where the work is, but I can't
move there, as that'd involve moving away from our family support;
pulling our three children out of their schools; and my wife would have
to drive for an hour the other way to her work. My job is likely to
disappear in 6-12 months and I will then have to find somewhere else to
work - which could easily be an hour in the opposite direction!

What you're up against are the social engineers on the left who take no
account of the individual and like to make sweeping generalisations and
policy based on their perception of 'the good of the majority'.

Bill