Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On 12/23/2011 12:26 PM, Dave in Texas wrote:

Remember when you bitched about $0.99/gal gas?
Whoever would have thought we would think of $2.86/gal. as a bargain?

Dave in Houston

I was working the pumps and service bay (my second job as an ase
certified technician) when the price topped a dollar. You'd think we
killed a child if we spilled a drop or two on the ground! It was so
funny. I was working a Mobil station in Prairie Village , Kansas that
was used to peddling 130,000 gallons a month, when the crunch came, we
were rationed to 22,000 a month. I got to experience all kinds of blue
hairs telling me why THEY should be served gas during the off hours....
I was 20-21 years old and didn't give a big rats ass about their blue
hair or the fact that their Buicks and Caddletrucks were on 3/4 tank
because they couldn't be bothered to get in line in time with the rest
of the peons in town. I laughed for months at those assholes.
--
Steve Barker