Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lets have green public transport

funkyoldcortina wrote:

On 22/12/11 23:15, Andy Champ wrote:
On 22/12/2011 08:40, Doctor Drivel wrote:

But I see everyone forgets the Chevy Volt. In fact no one mentions it
except me.

http://www.chevrolet.co.uk/cars/volt/

It isn't for sale in the UK. That web site says it'll be on sale in
Europe later this year though - which I guess means next week as there
isn't much year left.

Also known as the Vauxhall Ampera. I think there'll also be a plug-in
hybrid Prius out around the same time too. Basically the same car but with
more expensive higher capacity batteries.

Do those have an option to plug into the mains? There are a few charging
posts appearing in the poncier parts of London and I'm sure I've sene one of
those jacked in...

--
Tim Watts