Martin Angove

Default Light for small space - battery driven??

In message ,
"Ger" wrote:

Hi Group,
I have built a small table with a plate glass top.
Underneath the glass top is an area (21"x24") for displaying
shells and the like. I would like to add a hidden
light beneath the glass to enhance the display.
Anyone know if (and where) I might buy a small neat
neon-tube-type light that I could put into the display area.
Manual switch on/off would be fine.
BUT - it must be battery operated - no external cables.
Best I can think of are torch bulbs and soldered wires!!
In hope and with thanks
Ger

You could dismantle a "camping lantern" or three, try camping shops and
diy stores. I had a very early version of one of these. Not hugely
bright, but good enough for camping. Ran on 4 AAs for about 8 hours (3
or 4 hours a night - would last a decent camping trip). Maplin still do
something similar: YT10, £4.99. Also ZC11 (£4.99) and UN43 (£14.99) for
something a bit bigger. In fact, there's quite a lot of them and other
possible alternatives on p547-549 of the current catalogue.

I also bought a kit from Maplin... ermmm... doesn't seem to be in the
current catalogue. This was in the day when they did their own kits and
not the hugely overpriced Velleman stuff.

You could be really sneaky and hide a stick of batteries in a leg :-) (a
table leg that is).

Dunno. May be of help.

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove (it's Cornish for "Smith") - ARM/Digital SA110 RPC
See the Aber Valley -- http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/abervalley.html