Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 23:04:57 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article ,
polygonum wrote:

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 19:14:41 -0000, Doctor Drivel
wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message

In article m,
"dennis@home" wrote:

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

One train can take 50 trucks off the roads.

50 trucks can go to 50 different places.

I have yet to see a Tesco with its own branch line.

drivel is expecting to lay branch lines to every Tesco, didn't you

know?

The Tesco at Beaconsfield was built "over" a rail track. They built

a tunnel in a cutting.
Eventually. After causing major damage due to a collapse. Strongly
suspect that tunnel was rather more expensive (to someone) than was
originally expected.

Ah yes I remember that incident now. Still, that doesn't matter to
drivel. Cost is irrelevant, Captain.

And it wasn't Beaconsfield but Gerrards Cross. Still, that doesn't matter
to drivel.

--
Rod