Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lets have green public transport

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
Railway anoraks need to understand, as I've said before, that

no mode of transport has an automatic right to exist. 150 years
ago trains were the bizz because there was no alternative. That
ain't true anymore.

Well the lines that are in use to London from Cambridge are very
heavily
used by commuter traffic and some freight passes through here
unhindered still...
Sure. I've used that line on many occasions. It's very busy a

lot of the time. I can't see the point of the Cambridge -
Newmarket line though.

That's because you don't live in Newmarket. Or indeed go to the

races...

Ive used that line a few times..quite a few people do queue up on

the platform in the morning..

However it fails the usual subsidised route tests..not enough

trains to be useful except if you are commuting at predetermined
hours.
Does it ever have more than one carriage? I've only ever seen it

at the level crossing at Six Mile Bottom.
I think its 2 or three car diesel units innit?

Well I think for the most part when I saw it there, it was just the one
carriage.

Rather than a guided bus..

:-)

I think these are they