Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default OT Why doesn't the credit card company put your photograph onyour card?

On 12/21/11 5:54 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 02:32:36 -0500, J
wrote:

I'm glad I've found somebody who is familiar with the situation. How
was the zip-code request phrased? I remember now it had the word
"institution." I stood there wishing they'd asked my own zip code.

They don't want your zip code. They wand the zip code of where the
bill is sent. It may or may not be the same as your home. When I use
my company AMEX, they often ask for the zip code.

With my company gas card, I had to call customer service. I called
from work OK but when I called from home, they asked for the zip code
since the caller ID did not match their records.

When I order online, they ask for "billing address" and "shipping
address." I've never had trouble understanding "billing address." I
might have expected the gas pump to ask for my billing zip code, but it
used a phrase that seemed to mean something else. Somewhere there's a
programmer still laughing about it.