Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default OT Why doesn't the credit card company put your photograph on your card?

"J Burns" wrote in message
On 12/19/11 4:12 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
When I tried to buy gasoline a couple of years ago, the pump computer
asked my billing zip code. That would screen most people with stolen or
counterfeit cards, but the phrasing of the question left me unsure whether
it meant the zip code where I received my bills or the one where I sent my
payments. I guessed the latter and was rejected. I went in to the clerk,
explained the problem, and offered ID. No, the computer's rejection was
final.

Why would it be where you sent your payments? Why would you even know that
zip code? You're very odd.