Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT Why doesn't the credit card company put your photograph onyour card?

On Dec 20, 1:23*am, DD_BobK wrote:
On Dec 19, 3:43*pm, Metspitzer wrote:

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 15:14:36 -0700, "WW"
wrote:

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone think having your photo on your card is a bad idea?

I have thought that for years. I have check ID on back of card. *Clerks look
at it and don't ask to see ID. *A few years ago when WalMart always asked to
see card to match signature I handed the card to casher then asked for it
back so I could see how to sign since I found the card (not really) in the
parking lot. *She handed the card back so I could look at it. So much for
that idea. *WW

Matching two signatures takes a little more skill/effort than matching
photos. *I am sure that some clerks will take the card from anyone,
but having your photo on your card might keep some people from trying
to use it.

Putting your photo on the card would be as simple as emailing the card
company a photo.

Just saying. *

Actually, even simpler....

Capital One (the "What's in your wallet" people with the viking
commerical) gives you the option to personalize your card online.

http://www.capitalone.com/imagecard/

imo the best fraud prevention device would be having a PIN for credit
cards just like debit cards

cheers
Bob- Hide quoted text -

It's not actually 100%.
Fraudsters over here fix cameras/in line devices/false fronts to ATMs
to find out the PIN number. But is makes it a whole lot harder for
them.
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/378268-m...t-card-factory

Losing a credit card though is no big deal.

And it doesn't prevent internet/phone fraud.