Posted to alt.home.repair
SG SG is offline

Default OT Why doesn't the credit card company put your photograph onyour card?

J Burns wrote:
On 12/19/11 4:12 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
Anyone think having your photo on your card is a bad idea?

It takes resources to put photos on drivers' licenses and resources to
check. The nice policeman shines his light in your face, radios
information from your license, and asks you questions.

I don't know how much CC fraud involves stealing numbers to manufacture
cards. Photos wouldn't stop that.

When I tried to buy gasoline a couple of years ago, the pump computer
asked my billing zip code. That would screen most people with stolen or
counterfeit cards, but the phrasing of the question left me unsure
whether it meant the zip code where I received my bills or the one where
I sent my payments. I guessed the latter and was rejected. I went in
to the clerk, explained the problem, and offered ID. No, the computer's
rejection was final.

I absopositivelutely do not know the zip code where I send CC bills.

I sign the back of my CCs with "Ask For ID". Maybe one out of hundred
transactions the clerk looks at the back of the card. shrug