joD

Default Pricing for finishing only.

Tell him "I need about tree fiddy".

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
m...
On the west coast (where EVERYTHING costs more) what do you guys charge
for finishing something that you didn't build. do you charge a FLAT fee
(how much -- give an example please) or per hour plus materials?

do you charge less for finishing when you were commissioned to do a
piece, or is that just buried in the price.

I picked up some material for someone (that's 45 minutes of my time),
spent 2 hours (on and off, waiting to the coats to dry) finishing, and
will need about 45 minutes for a round trip of 24 miles to deliver the
finished material. Total time invested around 3 1/2 hours but it's not
really 3 1/2 hours of SOLID work. (clean up time is included)

customer pays for the material (baseboards). customer will pay for my
finishing materials (only about $10-12)

I've already set a price.

I'm just curious what you guys would charge for sanding, sealing, 3 top
coats on 63 feet of 2 5/8 baseboard, including the driving time I
mentioned for materials pick-up and delivery to customer.

Bear in mind, don't give me midwest or east coast pricing. this is the
land of the top dollar. which is why when we retire, we are getting the
heck outta here!!

I'll post what I billed AFTER I see what you guys think. don't want to
sway your opinions.

dave