Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Shower hose connector

In article , Roland Perry
writes
In message , at 22:16:44 on Mon, 19 Dec 2011, fred
remarked:
The 'other end buried inside the bath' bit is curious to me, surely the
hose must be removable and therefore replaceable somehow?

It's a Jacuzzi bath, and the retractable shower cord disappears through
a grommetty thing in the rim. I don't want to take the sides off and
crawl round the back if I can help it.

Understood.

Do you still want it to retract, so no jubilee clips?

Is it a metal concertina sheath on the hose or thick plastic one?

Just measured a 10mm olive here and it is 12mm o/d so that could be one
option, fab a joiner from 10mm + 2 x 10mm olives but only if you have
stock, 10mm isn't avail in less than silly lengths and would prob only
work on fully plastic hose.

Ah, just searched for 11mm hose joiner and got:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alloy-Hose-J.../dp/B004IYSCN6

Plenty of other hits, more if you can make do with 10mm and pinch it up.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .