Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toby Toby is offline

Default Shower hose connector

On 19/12/2011 16:34, Roland Perry wrote:
I've got a shower hose which has split where it joins the head. The
other end is buried inside the bath (via a none too waterproof grommet).
The simplest repair is to get a new shower hose (and probably head) and
connect the two 11mm tubes together. I'm having difficulty finding the
right connector though. I think what I need is an 11mm version of this:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/plastic-ou...7-x-17mm/37103

Looking pretty is not a requirement, the whole installation will be
replaced next year.

I have this sort of thing on my Kitchen tap, it has a standard shower
hose end that connects to the tap head that pulls out, and the other end
has a smaller propitiatory connection on he end, so replacing it with
another shower hose was not an option.

If you take the shower off the end of the hose, can you pull back the
screw part like this?
www.tobybell.co.uk/images/IMG_1531.JPG

If so, on mine, it was possible to prise the metal part at the end
forward - This was shaped like a hat With a hole in the top, with the
inner water pipe pushed round the top part of the hat and then held in
place by being inserted into the hole in the end of the outer pipe -
nothing was crimped, it was all just pushed together, so I trimmed off
the inner pipe, and re-attached it to the "hat" and pushed it back in.

--
Toby...
Remove pants to reply