Bay Area Dave

Default Pinging: All Wreckers regarding nutcase posting as me, Bay AreaDave.

thanks Doug. Notepad is not on my pc. that's because of a virus going
around that utilized Notepad a few years back. Everyone at my company
removed Notepad at the request of the mucky mucks. Remember that virus?
I don't remember the name.

I'll see if I can find a copy of it.

dave

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , Bay Area Dave wrote:

doug, I'm lost with this nfilter thing. I downloaded and installed it.
it is version 1.20

I got your autoresponder message.

I don't understand this: # Your posts and any followups to them
will be DROPPED by this
filter file
# unless you make this setup change:

You missed the part right above that, which says
******* IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR MICROPLANET GRAVITY USERS *******

IOW, if you're not using MicroPlanet Gravity as your newsreader, this doesn't
apply to you.

[snip]

I don't see Server/properties/posting within the program I downloaded.

That's because those are settings in MicroPlanet Gravity, not NewsProxy. I'll
update the comments to make that clear.

and what am I to do with the rest of the data in the email?

(1) Save it as "nfilter.dat" in the directory where you installed NewsProxy,
-OR-

when I click on Edit/Filter in the program nothing happens.

(2) Cut-and-paste it into the Notepad window that *should* open up when you
click on Edit | Filter.

how do I get the data from the email into the program?

Either (1) or (2) above.

--
Regards,

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com