Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Martin Riddle Martin Riddle is offline

Default part supplier needed

"Oppie" wrote in message
"Chas" wrote in message
I have on hand a friends Goldstar GBV411 VHS/DVD/CD Recorder with a
disc
motor that does not spin. I think it would be cheapest to just
replace it
than for me (a novice) to check out the circuitry. I feel that would
be
prudent since I would have to cut one wire on the motor anyway to
check for
continuity on it, and voltage on the supply side.
. . .I am hoping that most of these CD type motors are made mostly by
the
same manufacturer and can be easily replaced.
Thus I need an address of a supplier of these motors.
.. . . any help greatly appreciated...ps...this is a 'gimme' for the
friend
at no charge.
charlie

Don't recall if it was Mouser or Jameco that sold repair parts. I
remember leafing through an old catalog and seeing service parts.

MCM electronics had parts (vhs heads etc) and such back in the day....
But it's part of Farnell now.

Cheers