Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default part supplier needed

I have on hand a friends Goldstar GBV411 VHS/DVD/CD Recorder with a disc
motor that does not spin. I think it would be cheapest to just replace it
than for me (a novice) to check out the circuitry. I feel that would be
prudent since I would have to cut one wire on the motor anyway to check for
continuity on it, and voltage on the supply side.
.. . .I am hoping that most of these CD type motors are made mostly by the
same manufacturer and can be easily replaced.
Thus I need an address of a supplier of these motors.
... . . any help greatly appreciated...ps...this is a 'gimme' for the friend
at no charge.
charlie

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 12/14/2011 12:48 PM, Chas wrote:
I have on hand a friends Goldstar GBV411 VHS/DVD/CD Recorder with a disc
motor that does not spin. I think it would be cheapest to just replace it
than for me (a novice) to check out the circuitry. I feel that would be
prudent since I would have to cut one wire on the motor anyway to check for
continuity on it, and voltage on the supply side.
. . .I am hoping that most of these CD type motors are made mostly by the
same manufacturer and can be easily replaced.
Thus I need an address of a supplier of these motors.
.. . . any help greatly appreciated...ps...this is a 'gimme' for the friend
at no charge.
charlie

If would be cheapest in your time to just buy a new one.

I also doubt you will find the motor as well.

Good Luck,

Let us know how you get along.

don
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Chas" wrote in message
I have on hand a friends Goldstar GBV411 VHS/DVD/CD Recorder with a disc
motor that does not spin. I think it would be cheapest to just replace it
than for me (a novice) to check out the circuitry. I feel that would be
prudent since I would have to cut one wire on the motor anyway to check
for
continuity on it, and voltage on the supply side.
. . .I am hoping that most of these CD type motors are made mostly by the
same manufacturer and can be easily replaced.
Thus I need an address of a supplier of these motors.
.. . . any help greatly appreciated...ps...this is a 'gimme' for the
friend
at no charge.
charlie

Don't recall if it was Mouser or Jameco that sold repair parts. I remember
leafing through an old catalog and seeing service parts.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Oppie" wrote in message
"Chas" wrote in message
[...]

MCM electronics had parts (vhs heads etc) and such back in the day....
But it's part of Farnell now.

Cheers

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Chas" wrote in message
I have on hand a friends Goldstar GBV411 VHS/DVD/CD Recorder with a
disc
motor that does not spin. I think it would be cheapest to just replace
it
than for me (a novice) to check out the circuitry. I feel that would
be
prudent since I would have to cut one wire on the motor anyway to
check for
continuity on it, and voltage on the supply side.
. . .I am hoping that most of these CD type motors are made mostly by
the
same manufacturer and can be easily replaced.
Thus I need an address of a supplier of these motors.
.. . . any help greatly appreciated...ps...this is a 'gimme' for the
friend
at no charge.
charlie

Google for the part number.
And look here
http://www.electronix.com/electronic-repair-parts-motors-c-435_442.html

It's bound to turn up somewhere.

Cheers

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Martin Riddle" wrote in message

"Oppie" wrote in message
"Chas" wrote in message
[...]

ISTR hearing that the Farnell group own CPC, which is a UK service parts
stockist.