Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default A new Tower project completed!

On 12/14/2011 8:38 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 22:58:45 -0600, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 12/13/2011 9:44 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:34:35 -0600, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 12/13/2011 7:09 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:On 12/13/2011 7:09 AM, Larry
Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 22:46:07 -0600, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 12/12/2011 10:26 PM, Dave wrote:
On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 11:59:17 -0600, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
I just wanted to tell you I think your piece is absolutely stunning.
If you are at all interested in being an author, you should probably
send your photos to a magazine or two.

Well Thank you Bill!

Yup. Really nice looking build. The only downside is that everything
else you make has to match this piece.

I'm always jealous of what you build. Not of the pieces themselves,
but the fact that you have a suitable space to build it in. When I
dream of winning the lottery, it's not tropical vacations and naked
women I think about, it's the house with a really nice workshop I
imagine. I'm not quite sure if my imagination is working properly or
not.???

Thank you Dave, the down side began early last year with the bedroom
tower project. That piece is one that I am particularly proud of and I
wanted this piece to follow suite. If only they were not on such a
large scale. ;!)

Gaaaaaaaaaaaack! I can't stand it any longer.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/To+follow+suit

Suite (hotel) (from gagmewithaspoonbeggars Wikipedia)
A suite in a hotel or other public accommodation, denotes a class of
luxury accommodations, the key feature of which is multiple rooms.
Many properties have one or more "honeymoon suites", and sometimes the
best accommodation is called the "presidential suite".

Sorry. I just hadda do it.

The kitchen cabinets had to follow the bedroom suite towers.
;~) I'll blame the spell checker.

Bedroom suite, hotel suite, dining room suite, OK.
Follow suit, OK.

I do enjoy the room although I have so darn busy since we moved in 12
months ago I have not really had a chance to put things where they need
to be. That task began today by relocating the freezer. Later this

I hope it's a very recently purchased freezer. The old ones suck
energy like they were going out of style.

About 3 years old at the time, we lefo out 20_ year old on with my son
and brought my dad's freezer over.

You did him a disservice. He would have cheaper lease payments than
what the old boxes cost in electricity every month.

Cheaper house payments....2 years to go and he owns it. Imagine, 24,
has 50% equity after the first year.

Good show. It took me a bit longer. My first house was paid off
while I lived in it, but it took me a bit longer. Sold it (at 60% of
what the idiot broker listed it, after the city screwed me twice) and
bought this one outright. I only wish I'd bought more land so I'd
have room for a large shop and storage area.

Must be nice to be rich enough for a new house and a month or two off.

Yeah,,, its paid for.

That's a great feeling, isn't it? Loans are a bitch.

For the last 15 years we have had no mortgage and have been debt free
except for the times that ZERO % financing is offered. We do use a
credit card extensively but only the ones that pay us to use them and
those are paid off monthly.
Yeah, throwing money away in interest for immediate gratification seems
to be a necessary evil for many. We have been fortunately enough to get
out of that routine.