Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oil filter change in old car - how often?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , Dave Plowman (News)
escribió:

I ran several very secondhand Minis into the ground, and it was rust
which killed them, not mechanics.

*nods* Great fun to drive and reliable if you changed the oil regularly,
but total rotboxes.

I used to drive mine pedal to metal the length of the country. It was the
first vehicle I'd owned that didn't complain with that sort of treatment.
I reckon the 850 was the strongest version of the A series made - with the
exception of the short stroke Cooper S unit.

I think so. The next best one IMHO was the 1275.