Posted to uk.d-i-y
Justin C[_6_] Justin C[_6_] is offline

Default UPVC window handle fell off, how to re-attach?

On 2011-12-11, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Justin C wrote:

Our UPVC kitchen window was always stiff and took quite a yank to close,
over time this has weakened the threads in the locking mechanism that
the handle screws to. I've re-screwed it time and time again and now the
screws no longer bite, the internal thread has all but gone.

How can I re-attach the handle? It is of the type where you depress a
button and turn it 90 degrees to unlock and then open the window.

Are you out of warranty then? It's 10 years normally.

Window arm of the company ceased trading years ago (neighbour is
employed by what's left). And, though I don't recall the exact date,
it's quite likely that warranty would be expired by now.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Justin.