Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

Default Private Consultations

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 15:07:34 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
?Jim Thompson wrote:
??
?? On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:27:23 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso"
?? ? wrote:
??
?? ?
?? ?Jim Thompson wrote:
?? ?? From sheer boredom between an ending project and the next not starting
?? ?? until mid-January... AND to avoid the cluck-cluck-cluck crap from the
?? ?? white trash element lurkers perpetually interjecting themselves into
?? ?? technical discussions, I offer the following:
?? ??
?? ?? Send your circuit problem directly to me (via the E-mail symbol on my
?? ?? website).
?? ??
?? ?? If I can solve your problem in a few hours or less, I'll do it for
?? ?? FREE, and send the results _only_to_you_.
?? ??
?? ?? Limited time offer... valid only until the 2nd week in January.
?? ??
?? ?? Let 'er rip!
?? ?
?? ?I was thinking the other day about an early-warning monitor for failing PC
?? ?power supplies. If the caps start to go, the output will have increased
?? ?ripple. Lots of critical systems could benefit from this, and I personally
?? ?would build a few to meet my own needs.
?? ?
?? ?A small module could plug into the end of a power cable.
?? ?
?? ?A small board could monitor the voltages on the PCI bus.
?? ?
?? ?Reaching test points for the CPU supply is harder. Not sure if the PCI bus
?? ?could be used to monitor that.
??
?? Perhaps like this...
??
?? http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...leDetector.pdf
?
?
? It detects cheap wine? Only you would design something like that!
?;-)

It doesn't trigger on Thunderbird ;-)

Then you need more gain in the control loop. ;-)