Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

Default FREE: Private Consultations

From sheer boredom between an ending project and the next not starting
until mid-January... AND to avoid the cluck-cluck-cluck crap from the
white trash element lurkers perpetually interjecting themselves into
technical discussions, I offer the following:

Send your circuit problem directly to me (via the E-mail symbol on my
website).

If I can solve your problem in a few hours or less, I'll do it for
FREE, and send the results _only_to_you_.

Limited time offer... valid only until the 2nd week in January.

Let 'er rip!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 12:56:04 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

From sheer boredom between an ending project and the next not starting
until mid-January... AND to avoid the cluck-cluck-cluck crap from the
white trash element lurkers perpetually interjecting themselves into
technical discussions, I offer the following:

Send your circuit problem directly to me (via the E-mail symbol on my
website).

If I can solve your problem in a few hours or less, I'll do it for
FREE, and send the results _only_to_you_.

Limited time offer... valid only until the 2nd week in January.

Let 'er rip!

...Jim Thompson

Makes sense to keep your designs out of public view.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

Default Private Consultations

Jim Thompson wrote:
From sheer boredom between an ending project and the next not starting
until mid-January... AND to avoid the cluck-cluck-cluck crap from the
white trash element lurkers perpetually interjecting themselves into
technical discussions, I offer the following:

Send your circuit problem directly to me (via the E-mail symbol on my
website).

If I can solve your problem in a few hours or less, I'll do it for
FREE, and send the results _only_to_you_.

Limited time offer... valid only until the 2nd week in January.

Let 'er rip!

Why can't it be public? Years ago I suggested that if you designed a curve
tracer everyone would want to build it. How about now?

Come to think about it, I also suggested once that you should write a
textbook.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
From sheer boredom between an ending project and the next not starting
until mid-January... AND to avoid the cluck-cluck-cluck crap from the
white trash element lurkers perpetually interjecting themselves into
technical discussions, I offer the following:

Send your circuit problem directly to me (via the E-mail symbol on my
website).

If I can solve your problem in a few hours or less, I'll do it for
FREE, and send the results _only_to_you_.

Limited time offer... valid only until the 2nd week in January.

Let 'er rip!

I was thinking the other day about an early-warning monitor for failing PC
power supplies. If the caps start to go, the output will have increased
ripple. Lots of critical systems could benefit from this, and I personally
would build a few to meet my own needs.

A small module could plug into the end of a power cable.

A small board could monitor the voltages on the PCI bus.

Reaching test points for the CPU supply is harder. Not sure if the PCI bus
could be used to monitor that.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:19:04 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
From sheer boredom between an ending project and the next not starting
until mid-January... AND to avoid the cluck-cluck-cluck crap from the
white trash element lurkers perpetually interjecting themselves into
technical discussions, I offer the following:

Send your circuit problem directly to me (via the E-mail symbol on my
website).

If I can solve your problem in a few hours or less, I'll do it for
FREE, and send the results _only_to_you_.

Limited time offer... valid only until the 2nd week in January.

Let 'er rip!

Why can't it be public? Years ago I suggested that if you designed a curve
tracer everyone would want to build it. How about now?

Indeed. But several others have already done it, here's just two...

http://www.syscompdesign.com/AppNotes/curve-tracer.pdf

http://www.ka-electronics.com/Images/Curve_Tracer.pdf

Come to think about it, I also suggested once that you should write a
textbook.

But that's no fun, that's work :-(

And I said, "a few hours". I'm just looking for some fun "puzzles'.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:27:23 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
From sheer boredom between an ending project and the next not starting
[...]

I'm reluctant to use a system to monitor itself. I'd be inclined to
use a battery-powered monitor... just a receptacle/plug in-line with
the power cable to the mother-board, with comparators to measure the
P-P ripple.

(Although my immediate pondering suggests that battery-powered
wouldn't be necessary.)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
And I said, "a few hours". I'm just looking for some fun "puzzles'.

Then public would still be acceptable? Just providing the opportunity in
case the free client wishes it to remain private rather than, for
instance, posting it here?

I've got a neat diversion to calculate, though it's not really a two hour
problem:
Consider a push-pull Royer oscillator, consisting of two transistors and
an ideal centertapped choke, supplied from a constant voltage source V
with series inductance Ls. Determine all the voltage ratings necessary
(peak voltage on Ls, on the CT choke, transistors). Find the RMS output
voltage (end-to-end, so that a load could be connected across the choke).
Determine the inductance required for a specified ripple in Ls at
operating frequency F.

The ratings are all easy, but the last one is more interesting, as it has
(as far as I know) a transcendental solution.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

Hmm. Aren't you and the reindeer sort of busy from now through the 25th?

--
Paul Hovnanian

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

On a sunny day (Sun, 11 Dec 2011 21:43:25 -0800) it happened "Paul Hovnanian
P.E." wrote in
nc:

Hmm. Aren't you and the reindeer sort of busy from now through the 25th?

He thinks most kids are leftists weenies.
LOL

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 21:43:25 -0800, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
wrote:

Hmm. Aren't you and the reindeer sort of busy from now through the 25th?

We're unusually ahead of schedule... probably because #5 granddaughter
(10 years old, from Rancho Mirage, CA) arrives on the 17th to stay
until the end of the year :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:27:23 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
From sheer boredom between an ending project and the next not starting
[...]

Perhaps like this...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...leDetector.pdf

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:27:23 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso"
? wrote:

?
?Jim Thompson wrote:
?? From sheer boredom between an ending project and the next not starting
?? until mid-January... AND to avoid the cluck-cluck-cluck crap from the
?? white trash element lurkers perpetually interjecting themselves into
?? technical discussions, I offer the following:
??
[...]

It detects cheap wine? Only you would design something like that!
;-)

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

From sheer boredom between an ending project and the next not starting
until mid-January... AND to avoid the cluck-cluck-cluck crap from the
white trash element lurkers perpetually interjecting themselves into
technical discussions, I offer the following:

Send your circuit problem directly to me (via the E-mail symbol on my
website).

If I can solve your problem in a few hours or less, I'll do it for
FREE, and send the results _only_to_you_.

Limited time offer... valid only until the 2nd week in January.

Let 'er rip!

Well, it's about time you've priced yourself according to the value
of your contribution.

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Rich Grise wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

? From sheer boredom between an ending project and the next not starting
? until mid-January... AND to avoid the cluck-cluck-cluck crap from the
? white trash element lurkers perpetually interjecting themselves into
? technical discussions, I offer the following:
?
? Send your circuit problem directly to me (via the E-mail symbol on my
? website).
?
? If I can solve your problem in a few hours or less, I'll do it for
? FREE, and send the results _only_to_you_.
?
? Limited time offer... valid only until the 2nd week in January.
?
? Let 'er rip!
?
Well, it's about time you've priced yourself according to the value
of your contribution.

If that were true, you would have to pay people to take your crappy
ideas.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in message
diainc...
Hmm. Aren't you and the reindeer sort of busy from now through the
25th?

--
Paul Hovnanian

You know, if he was a wee bit taller, he could slap on a beard and pass
for Santa.

;D

Cheers

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

? wrote:

?
?Jim Thompson wrote:
[...]

It doesn't trigger on Thunderbird ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:58:28 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in message
ediainc...
Hmm. Aren't you and the reindeer sort of busy from now through the
25th?

--
Paul Hovnanian

You know, if he was a wee bit taller, he could slap on a beard and pass
for Santa.

;D

Cheers

I have played Santa numerous times... once at my youngest son's
school... he didn't recognize me even while sitting on my lap ;-)

(As for the beard, I have been known to let it grow out, rather than
keeping it close-cropped.)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:32:08 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Rich Grise wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

Greasy is a dope-ster, not worth hearing.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 15:07:34 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
?Jim Thompson wrote:
??
?? On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:27:23 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso"
?? ? wrote:
??
?? ?
?? ?Jim Thompson wrote:
?? ?? From sheer boredom between an ending project and the next not starting
?? ?? until mid-January... AND to avoid the cluck-cluck-cluck crap from the
?? ?? white trash element lurkers perpetually interjecting themselves into
?? ?? technical discussions, I offer the following:
?? ??
[...]
?;-)

It doesn't trigger on Thunderbird ;-)

Then you need more gain in the control loop. ;-)

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:32:08 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
?Rich Grise wrote:
??
?? Jim Thompson wrote:
??
[...]

Then it's no wonder he has to pay, is it?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

Perhaps like this...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...leDetector.pdf

Thanks Jim. That's simpler than what I was thinking.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 15:41:16 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

It doesn't trigger on Thunderbird ;-)

...Jim Thompson

No, but it does on Ripple

{;-)

Jim
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

It doesn't trigger on Thunderbird ;-)

...Jim Thompson

No, but it does on Ripple

As it does on inductive spikes.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

? wrote:

?
?Jim Thompson wrote:
[...]

Probably not on lemon limelight, night train, or MD 20/20 either.

?-)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

? wrote:

?
?Jim Thompson wrote:
[...]

The dog wasn't mad before it started drinking 20/20!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...leDetector.pdf

It detects cheap wine? Only you would design something like that!
;-)

It doesn't trigger on Thunderbird ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Probably not on lemon limelight, night train, or MD 20/20 either.

The dog wasn't mad before it started drinking 20/20!

Good ole "fight-yo-mama"...

Money Back Guarantee Modifications - Free consultations richy Home Repair 3 February 25th 09 04:53 PM
She wants to draft linear consultations around Murad's nature. Frank G. Vais Metalworking 0 December 9th 07 10:44 PM
PRIVATE PLACES Hint Home Repair 1 December 9th 07 02:52 PM
Private Landlords The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 9 August 23rd 06 08:49 PM
Private lane lynd UK diy 2 August 12th 05 07:52 PM