Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What to use for bandsaw, water based or oil based fluid

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 21:22:11 -0600, Ignoramus8962
wrote:

I spent a couple of unpleasant hours today at my place of business,
working on the lubrication system for this Wilton bandsaw.

I found out why it did not work: while the saw is wired for 115 volts,
the lubrication pump was wired for 220 volts in the junction box on
the motor. Once I changed that, it started pumping.

The old coolant in the pump was bad and had to be sucked and flushed.

Tomorrow, I will put in a mix of 10:1 Hangsterfer's S500 coolant, which
seems to have a much better life expectancy.

Good stuff.

Gunner

Gunner Asch