Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default A new Tower project completed!

On 12/11/2011 7:57 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:
As many of you know my wife and I had a new home built with my 3 car
shop and her upstairs quilting studio. The only real thing lacking in
this new home was kitchen pantry storage. This particular house comes
in two styles. A 2 story and a 1 story. The 1 story has a walk in
pantry, the 2 story sacrifices the walk in pantry so that a staircase
could be added. About 15 months ago I began designing a free standing
pantry to place on a 15' long and 11' tall wall. Yesterday I finished
the "Country Style Pantry" and my wife is once again happy with her
kitchen. The 26 drawers that I built for this unit put me at 98
drawers that I built this year. The pantry is 8'x 8'x 16"deep.

My favorite shots:

Nice work Leon - however, I could not get away with that. We have different
definitions of a pantry up here. Gotta have room for cans and boxes on the
shelves, and none of the froo-froo stuff.

That fluff stuff is about 78" from the floor. You really would not want
to put food up high and out of reach.. LOL
Bulk items are hidden below.

Thank you!