Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fire bowl on a wood deck

On 12/9/2011 11:11 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
I've been using a small fire bowl with impunity on a painted wood deck.
Last time around, though, I kept the fire going for several hours and
the paint showed some localized discoloration.

I've now purchased a new fire bowl, about twice the capacity, and the
directions are pretty clear about not using it on a wood deck. I'm
planning to have larger fires, and wondering what I can use between the
bowl and the deck that might insulate the wood from the heat. Ideas?

Because of the lack of common sense of most modern humans, a local city
has outlawed any kind of grill or open flame on the wooden decks of any
of the numerous apartment complexes in that city. "Drunk Grilling" has
been responsible for the loss of homes for many apartment dwellers in
that municipality. ^_^

TDD