Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Wind not good for wind farms...

fred wrote:
In article , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
fred writes:
In article , Andrew Gabriel
writes
Interesting pics at 16:47, 16:38, and 14:48 (might be same as
first one)...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-...land-politics-
16082303?psdata =11_3_8_4_9_10__CD11__CK12_14_15_
LMAO, useless in wind, useless in no wind, what is the point?

The one in flames I found particularly amusing.

Here it is in more detail...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/md93/se...57628334022703

Interestingly the earliest pics show it arse into the wind while the
others appear to be face into. I wonder if there is a failure mode
issue there. Can't really tell whether the blades on it or others
have been stopped to avoid over-wind damage. Ardrossan is a
relatively low level coastal site but fully exposed to the prevailing
storm force winds (well storm force gusts at least).

It's the one that dennis designed. It uses the elecricity made by the other
wind turbines to generate wind.

--
Adam