Posted to alt.home.repair
cln cln is offline

Default Rain, rain go away. Water in basement

Get a waterproofing service in. *Free estimate.

I'll try to find someone to come in. it may not be what I think it
is..

I actually just looked at the drain outside by the ditch. The water is
coming out clear...but slow. I think it might be the ditch that can't
handle the load and it's not even raining anymore. I'll call DOT to
see if they can come have a look but they will probably blame my
culvet or driveway...

For example, I don't carpet my basement, but have some rugs I can roll
up and get off the floor when it rains hard and long.
I don't put any stuffed furniture down there.
I won't insulate the walls with batts.
Won't drywall or use expensive paneling.
Nothing I can't afford to lose from flooding goes down there.
Blah, blah.
You decide what works for you.

--Vic

Thanks Vic.