Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Rain, rain go away. Water in basement

On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 08:30:59 -0800 (PST), cln
wrote:

TO ADD:
I do have a sump pump but water pools all around in lower spots. Pump
is in one corner of the house and water comes in 2 other corners...
I want to stop the water from coming in. Pump is just ther in case an
inch or more comes in. House was built 15 years ago, wish that the
edges of the slab where slanted (or V like trench) like you see in new
homes...

Get a waterproofing service in. Free estimate.
They might be able to seal the floor/wall joint.
I know U.S. Waterproofing lifetime guarantees their work.
That's from a workmate who had them fix a leak then 15 years later
they refixed it at no cost to him.
I had them fix some foundation wall cracks that were leaking with good
results - about 5 years ago.
If you don't like the price, think of something else.
Like figuring you'll always get water in the basement if it rains
enough, and accounting for that when you finish your basement.
For example, I don't carpet my basement, but have some rugs I can roll
up and get off the floor when it rains hard and long.
I don't put any stuffed furniture down there.
I won't insulate the walls with batts.
Won't drywall or use expensive paneling.
Nothing I can't afford to lose from flooding goes down there.
Blah, blah.
You decide what works for you.

--Vic