Posted to alt.home.repair
cln cln is offline

Default Rain, rain go away. Water in basement

I have some water seeping into my basement. It didn't used to bother
me but we finally finished one section of the basement.

Water is comming from in between the slab and the walls. I'm assuming
it's the water tile or drainage that is clogged. Water only comes in
when it rains (hard/long). We had eavestrough installed last summer
but that didn't help enough... I'm sure extending the drain pipes away
further from the house might help but I still think the problem is
elsewhere.

Other than digging up the entire foundation, is there a way to Snake
the system clean? would this just end up being a temporary fix?

Suggestions?