Paul Kierstead

Default Experiences hammer veenering?

In article ,
Bridger wrote:

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 07:07:49 GMT, Paul Kierstead
wrote:

I have made a solemn oath: I can buy blades and "wear related" items,
jig supplies, fastening hardware and wood for the shop, but nothing
else.

loophole:

you can *make* yourself a veneer press.....

A very intentional loophole. After making some rudimentry jigs and other
things instead of buying them, I realized it was great experience and
that they worked the way *I* wanted them to. And were cheaper on top of
that. So making a veneer press is very much in the picture. *However* my
longer range intention is to veneer large surfaces; with a press I am
limited and my shop can only accomodate so large of a press. With hammer
veneering, Tage Frid claims you can "veneer the world". Although I have
have a wood threader, so I could make a veneer press with very minimal
investment...